First Baptist Church West Blocton is looking for a Children's Minister. This position is to assist West Blocton First Baptist to maintain the core concept of teaching our children to love and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This will be fulfilled by providing a curriculum to teach and that will assist teachers in knowing what to teach and lessons that will show how to teach them during the Sunday and Wednesday Night for ages Pre-K through 7th Grade.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research Children’s Ministry curriculum resources for weekly rotation.
• Maintain and advise on Children’s Ministry Budget
• Recruit volunteers for children’s church and other Weekly Rotation positions that are needed.
• Monthly planning for teacher rotation of each of the Children’s Ministry Positions which will include weekly lesson plans for teachers with supplies attach.
• Weekly Service Rotations: Teach the first Sunday of each month introducing the monthly Biblical theme.
Teach weekly the Wednesday night class
• Assist with Vacation Bible School
• Planning of quarterly activities for Children’s Ministry. Ex: Easter, Christmas Programs
• Create and Maintain Children’s Ministry Calendar for Church and Church Website
• Additional duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or Higher
• Degree from a Bible College (preferred / not required)
• Experience working with Children K- 6th Grade
• Experience in leading a children’s Ministry (preferred / not required)
• Leadership Skills
• Organization Skills
• Must pass background check
• Passion for working with Children of various ages
If you have questions or need additional information, please email Brent @ [email protected]